Forums Iaoranet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Forums Iaoranet

Le Forum des Utilisateurs Iaoranet / Iaoranet users forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Experienced Skipper/Navigator available Tahiti May 2010

Go down 
AuthorMessage
michaelgbr

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-11-04

Experienced Skipper/Navigator available Tahiti May 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Experienced Skipper/Navigator available Tahiti May 2010   Experienced Skipper/Navigator available Tahiti May 2010 EmptyThu 5 Nov - 8:51

My name is Michael, Yachtmaster Ocean, PADI Divemaster, ISAF International Judge, experienced sailing and racing all types of sailing boats from 10’ dinghies to 140’ schooners. I am English but normally reside in Mallorca, je parle couramment le francais y hablo espanol tambien,n

I am 63 years old and am taking my sabbatical ! I have raced small yachts (I am the current Spanish Flying fifteen National Champion) middle sized yachts (I have just completed and won the double-handed class in the Middle Sea Race in a 35’ Hunter Mystery. I wrote a blog which may serve as a reference. www. ffredbare.blogspot .com ) and have raced as skipper or tactician on quarter tonners, half tonners, IOR boats, X-boats, Swans, Wally’s and such classic boats as Altair (130’ schooner) and Aile Blanche (100’ Ketch).

I am intending flying out to Tahiti end of April (after the Palmavela regatta in Mallorca) and I’m looking to sail for a few months in the Pacific and discover a few new islands.

I’d like to visit the Tuamotu islands if possible, I’d enjoy doing the Tahiti Pearl Regatta in May either as helmsman or tactician and then I would like to find a boat that is sailing slowly west towards Fidji to visit a few more islands on the way.

I have cruised my own boats including both ways across the Atlantic, and have skippered other people’s boats. I can be an out and out racer or a laid back cruiser. I dive, swim, play golf, cook, eat, walk. I’m a non smoker, enjoy a drink, but never on passage.

That’s roughly who I am and the sort of thing I am looking for. Nothing is engraved in stone and I’m open to any propositions. However I must be happy with the boat and it is really important that all the crew can get along together.

I don’t mind what role I have to play on the boat depending on whether it’s a paid position or not. If you are rich and can pay me, give me a position of responsibility and that’s ok. If you are poor, but really good fun and don’t pay me, it’s ok too. (I am on a sabbatical after all).

If you think you have a proposition we would enjoy together then please contact me by email at michael @ ffast.org
Back to top Go down
http://www. ffredbare.blogspot .com

Experienced Skipper/Navigator available Tahiti May 2010
Page 1 of 1